Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding turns everyday into a Special Occasion
Dessert was rare at family meals in our household. There was never enough time and, besides, it wasn’t healthy. We went through a phase of this pud where my son, Sven, offered to help to reduce the time problem. Having dessert always felt like a great occasion and everyone tucked in excitedly.
1 cup self raising Flour
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup walnuts
Topping: Mix 1T(15g) cocoa with ¾ cup sticky brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift flour and cocoa.
- Cream butter and castor sugar in a clean bowl with the Kenwood or a hand beater.
- Add walnuts, egg and then some of the flour mixture to the butter mix.
- As the mixture dries add milk and little by little the rest of flour mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place into 4 greased individual ramekins.
- Sprinkle topping over mixture in ramekins.
- Just before putting into oven gently pour 100ml boiling water over each ramekin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cake is firm.
- Serve with cream or ice cream. The puddings will be hot so consider emptying into another dish for younger children.