Roast Potatoes with Paprika and Lemon
These potatoes are incredibly moreish and you can never make enough. Serve with anything – its great with grilled chicken or fish but goes just as well with steak or a roast. Do yourself a favour and try making it just once.
1.5kg (3lb) chat or other baby potatoes
1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
30g (2oz) Butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the salt, lemon rind and paprika in a small bowl.
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Place the oil and butter in a large roasting pan. Place in the oven for 3 minutes or until the butter melts.
Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Use a potato masher to lightly crush the potatoes.
Roast for 10 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown.
Sprinkle the salt mixture over the potatoes. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Delicious with EVERYTHING.
Italian Potatoes – As good as Chips but a lot Healthier
I always felt chips were really bad because of all that oil. This recipe was my attempt to get something that tasted as good as chips without all the calories. Excellent with grilled meat.
4 large potatoes, one per person
2-3 cloves garlic
5-6 sprigs rosemary
- Heat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Cut 4 peeled potatoes into 1cm cubes.
- Heat a little olive oil in 23cm casserole dish for a few minutes.
- Place potatoes in single layer on bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle over 2-3 large cloves crushed garlic and 5-6 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered turning every 20 minutes for 60 minutes in total.
Awesome Stuffed Potatoes to accompany a Barbeque or Grilled Meat
Yes, it’s simple so how can it be so good. The mash inside the potato reminds you of meals growing up and bacon is an awesome flavour. The crunch of the bacon with the velvety texture of the mash plus the way the bacon cooks into the potato, makes these potatoes the star of the meal. Serve with something plain like steamed greens and grilled meat.
1 pontiac or desiree potato per person
½ bacon rasher per person
1 Tablespoon butter per potato & a little milk to mash
- Microwave washed but unpeeled potatoes on high at 3-4 minutes per potato until cooked.
- Slice skin off top of potato and remove flesh.
- Mash potato flesh with 1 Tablespoon butter per potato and a little milk.
- Spoon mash back into potato shells.
- Top with a ½ bacon rasher.
- Place under griller until bacon is cooked and crispy, turning bacon over once.
- Yummy !!!
Potatoes with Cream – totally indulgent
This is utterly delicious and very rich – one of those dishes where you eat it slowly and savour every morsel to retain the taste and velvet texture. It is best served with grilled fish and a plain green vegetable. Ideal for dinner parties as you can prepare a day or two ahead of time and reheat before serving.
700g potatoes, peeled
300ml cold milk
50 cheddar cheese, grated
- Thickly butter a shallow ovenproof serving dish.
- Slice peeled potatoes about ½cm thick.
- Place in saucepan with milk and bring to boil and simmer s-l-o-w-l-y for 10minutes.
- Drain off milk, discard and cover potatoes with the cream.
- Bring to boil and cook potatoes slowly in the cream for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon potatoes and cream into serving dish, and sprinkle with the cheese.
- You can either grill the top of the potatoes now till the top is brown and bubbles or keep the dish for a day or two then reheat and place under the grill.
Healthy Baked Potatoes that look Stylish
Easy, healthy and looks like something special. You can’t go wrong with this one
2 potatoes yields 4 halves – feed 3 or 2 hungry people
- Heat oven to 190°C
- Microwave whole potatoes on high for 2 minutes per potato.
- Now halve potatoes lengthways in the oven cut side up. If you wish you can place on an oven tray.
- Bake about 20minutes till cut side is golden brown. Will take 30 minutes if microwave step was omitted.
- Serve as is. Delicious with butter and salt or cream cheese.
Potato Salad with Olives, Feta and Antipasto
I did not like a mayonnaise based potato salad and much preferred this version with marinaded grilled veges and olive oil. Like all potato salads this keeps really well too.
- 800g kipfler or new potatoes – not necessary to peel
- 200g mix of marinaded grilled vegetables including red capsicum, etc
- 200g semi dried tomatoes
- 100ml kalamata olives
- 200g Danish feta, cubed
- Boil potatoes about 20minutes until just tender
- Slice in half and put into a deep dish
- Add marinaded veges and semi dried tomatoes along with enough olive oil from the marinade to just coat potatoes
- Mix gently
- Top with olives and feta