Jamie’s Puttanesco Pasta
I love this dish – not sure what makes it quite so good. It could be the tuna or the addition of all the parsley, stalks and all, or perhaps it’s just that the cinnamon provides such an unusual finish. It’s also one of those dishes you can throw together anytime as all the ingredients can be found in a standard pantry.
500g dried spaghetti
225g can quality tuna(like Sirena) in oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon capers
1-2 chillies, finely chopped or 1t sambal oelek
1 bunch parsley, stalks finely sliced and leaves chopped
8 black olives
1 tin finely chopped tomatoes or about 1 cup passata
1 lemon, zest and juice
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- While it’s cooking, saute anchovies, garlic, chilli and parsley stalks in a little of the oil from the tuna.
- Add tuna, olives, capers, lemon zest and passata and cook over low heat till nice and thick.
- Just before serving add a good pinch cinnamon, lemon juice and all the chopped parsley.
- Toss through cooked spagetti and serve with parmesan and a green salad.
- Enjoy with crusty bread.